Visitor Policy and Procedure
RESIDENTS MAY HAVE VISITORS WHEN FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS ARE MET:
1. Adequate staff are present to allow for personnel to help with the transition of residents, monitoring of visitation, and cleaning and disinfecting visitation areas after each visit.
2. Visitor is 18 years of age or older, or accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
3. Visitors are screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to resident access and are refused access if they exhibit any symptoms or do not pass the screening questions. Screening must consist of both temperature checks and asking screening questions to assess potential exposure to COVID-19 which shall include questions regarding international travel or travel to other states designated under the Commissioner’s travel advisory.
4. Visitor information must be documented and include:
i. First and last name of the visitor
ii. Physical (street) address of the visitor
iii. Daytime and evening telephone number
iv. Date and time of visit
5. Areas where visitors and residents meet are appropriately disinfected between visitations using an EPA-approved disinfectant.
6. There is adequate PPE to ensure residents wear a facemask or face covering during visitation.
7. Visitors wear a face covering at all times. The facility will provide a facemask if the visitor shows up lacking a face covering.
8. Facilities provide alcohol-based hand sanitizer to visitors and residents, and staff demonstrate appropriate use.
9. Facilities establish additional guidelines as needed to ensure resident and staff safety and continuity of facility operations. Such guidelines shall include provisions for limiting the number of visitors at any one time and limited visitor hours to ensure all residents may have visitation.
10. Visitation should be limited to outdoor areas, weather permitting. Under certain limited circumstances, as determined by the facility, visitation can be inside in a well-ventilated common space with no more than 10 individuals who are appropriately socially distanced and wear a facemask or face covering while in the presence of others. At no time shall the total number of visitors exceed 10 percent of the in-house resident census.
11. Current COVID-19 positive residents, residents with COVID-19 signs or symptoms, and residents in a 14-day quarantine or observation period are not eligible for visits.
12. The facility has developed a fact sheet outlining visitor expectations including appropriate hand hygiene and face covering requirements. The fact sheet will be provided upon initial screening to all visitors.
13. A team has been appointed by the operator which includes, the administrator, case manager and quality assurance manager to review visitation program compliance with this Health Advisory.
14. If any visitor fails to adhere to the protocol, he/she/they will be prohibited from visiting during the duration of the COVID-19 state declared public health emergency. Hours of visitation during this public health emergency are delineated in policy and procedure protocol and within the visitation fact sheet.